Women’s Development Cell Committee
The principle of gender equality is enshrined by Nirma University. In accordance with this fact the University has established Women Development Cell (WDC). The University takes care that not only the women’s issues are treated positively and they can discover their potential to the fullest but also the women stake holders get a gender sensitized work ambience. Majorly cases issues related to any genre prevail due to ignorance of rights and laws, the University takes care that the University community is aware about the prevailing legal mandates and provisions in Indian Constitution.
In pursuance of the directions issued by the UGC and MHRD the WDC at Nirma University strives for following objectives:
- To provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women employees (including teaching, non-teaching and contractual workers) and students, where they can work, study and explore their potential to the fullest.
- Any employees including faculty, staff, contractual, temporary, casual and student of Nirma University can approach the Women Development Cell.
Roles And Functions
- To sensitise all members of Nirma University community towards the Supreme Court and statutory mandate prohibiting gender discriminations and sexual harassment at the work place and encourage involvement through academic, cultural and outreach activities such as talks, seminars, workshops, community action, drama, street theatre, poster-making etc.
- To provide for dialogue, discussion, and deliberation on women’s rights and gender-related issues. To encourage participation from NGOs and law enforcement agencies in this area.
- To become a resource centre for women and provide a forum for exchange of ideas.
- To review safety and security measures for female employees and girl students at Nirma University campus.
Faculty Coordinator: Prof Krishna Patel
Contact Number : 079-71652325